Homecoming Weekend

Michelle and Jason Young both attended NCSU and were reported to be big fans. Michelle was a cheerleader during college. Homecoming for NCSU was the weekend following Michelle's death. It has been reported that Michelle and Jason had plans that weekend to tailgate and attend the game on Saturday, which was scheduled for 7pm. It has also been reported a couple was coming from out of town on Friday to stay with the Young's for the weekend. Very little is known publicly regarding their knowledge of Jason's plans in going to Brevard on that Friday.

Posted by sosad: New to the boards....but have been reading for months. JY and MY were definitely expecting houseguests on Friday. A married couple connected through JY and NCState....They were already on the way to visit when a mutual friend called them on their cell phone and told them MY had been murdered.

Posted by sosad: OK This is all supposition based on things they said right after the murder happened. They definitely went on to Raleigh, but I think to the friend's house who called them. I don't think LE CALLED them, but all of JY's close friends were interviewed and fingerprinted. (Maybe after the funeral; I'm not sure of the timeline) I don't know if they talked to JY on the phone before seeing him in Raleigh....sorry. I do know that their contact with JY has been very limited (if at all other than the funeral) since the murder, and I am under the impression that this is what his attorney told him to do.

Posted by sosad: [A] friend of JY's who lives in Raleigh called the visiting friends. I don't know how he found out. But I am certain that LE did not know who the visiting friends were and did not call the visiting friends to tell them that MY was dead. JY's best friend from college days lives in Raleigh and I assume that more than JY and MY knew they were coming. They have a large group of friends who do a lot of things together. Again, forgive me for not giving names... It does make my post sound confusing!!!

Posted by sosad: The houseguests were primarily friends of Jasons. The husband attended NCState with Jason and Jason was a groomsman in his wedding. There was not mention of a friendship with MY until after JY and MY were married. The wife of the couple planning to visit JY and MY did not attend NCState and to my knowledge would not have known MY as a friend prior to the marriage.

Posted by sosad: You are correct, Silsbee. For the record, I personally DO NOT KNOW if they were expecting JY to be in Raleigh when they arrived. The only FACTS I have are:

1. The husband was a close friend of JYs from college days.
2. There was no friendship with MY prior to MYs marriage to JY.
3. I was told the couple had already left home when someone called them (a friend) to tell them MY had been murdered. (Which could have been as early as mid or late afternoon on Friday.)
4. They decided to continue their trip to see what they could do for moral support.
5. Their identity is known to LE, which is all that matters.
6. I do not know if they think JY is innocent or guilty. Time will tell.

Posted by sosad: ... Their original plan, as I understood it, was to stay with JY and MY. I do not know how far in advance this was planned. I do not know if JY called them to say he had decided to visit his mother. I do know that after they were informed of MYs murder, they went to Raleigh and stayed with another friend. It is my understanding that they saw JY briefly and also talked with LE.

I wish i could answer more of your questions, but I can't. Obviously, before MY was murdered, my friend's plans were not a big enough deal to give all the details to me. AFTER her murder, no one wanted to talk about it. So here's what I can tell you:

The guests are a couple. They've been married about seven years and have children. To my knowledge, during the college years MY was not a steady item in JY's life. He seemed to be more of a "player", always flirting with whatever girl was available. The "guest couple wife" dated her hubby during college days, but I personally never heard any mention of MY. I think I'm safe to say that whatever friendship they both had with MY developed mostly after JY and MY were married. I don't know how fond they were of MY, but since both girls had children, they probably found some common ground for friendship.

I don't know how often they visited JY and MY. There is a fairly large group of NCState grads that try to get together fairly often. I don't know if the invitation to stay with them came through JY or MY and how early. I will have to say that I have wondered: Did JY invite them as a smokescreen? Did My invite them, obviously not knowing what her fate was? Did they call and ask if they could come? (This would not be a surprise, really.) However, the bottom line is that the invite to Raleigh could mean so many things. It all depends on their testimony should this come to trial.