Blood Evidence

There has been speculation about Meredith's comments during the 911 call. She stated there were bloody footprints "all over the house". Posters who claim to have been inside the house after it was released by LE say there were only prints in the Master Bedroom, Bathroom and hall bathroom but none down the hallway to the bathroom or elsewhere in the house. Here are the accounts from various message boards.


Posted by just the facts: What I mean is this... In the 911 call, we are told there are "bloody footprints all over the house". There are not. This begs the question of who was keeping Cassie (when she seemingly wasn't walking all over the house) and why the 911 caller had such a problem with accuracy. Perhaps LE should not only be focusing on strange vehicles between midnight-6AM but also 6AM- the time of the 911 call.There are shoeprints in the master bath, but LE hasn't bothered to admit they are from a smaller shoe than JY's. Nor have they bothered to publicly admit that there is a large amount of jewelry stolen from the home. My source is someone who has been in the house. I believe them, but you can take it for what its worth.JMO and all that stuff....

Posted by gojo:
According to what I've heard SECOND HAND, there is evidence that someone took a shower and washed off blood in the master bath. The master bath is part of the master bedroom, IMO. With all the evidence the killer inadvertently left behind, I believe the cops are closing in. I imagine the bathroom shower would leave behind some evidence, IMO. The killer has got to be nervously waiting for the knock on the door, imo. What do nervous people do? In this case, can't hide, can't run. I hope some people will come up with some ideas here about nervous people. Let's help the cops. JMO and all that jazz.

Posted by gojo: I have tried twice to get the board interested in the “blood trail,” but that only got us off on a tangent talking about blood hounds and tracking dogs. My fault. I’m bad. Too cryptic.

What I should have talked about is the LACK of a blood trail. JTF originally brought this up, but I don’t recall anyone providingan answer that satisfies. And I really believe LE is having the same problem—finding an answer that satisfies.(See JTF’s post on February 9 thread, p. 20, courtesy of Hey Paula)

I have been able to confirm what JTF told us originally—there is no blood trail from the bedroom murder scene to any other part of the house. Little Cassie’s footprints do appear on the floor of her bathroom (across the hall from the master bedroom), but not on the carpet or hall floor leading to the bathroom, and not on the stairs nor anywhere downstairs.

This is what I have learned. I am not pointing the finger AT anyone but rather AWAY from JY. If Jason killed his wife, he had to leave early from Raleigh to make his 10 a.m. meeting in Virginia (I think it’sobvious he was at the meeting). If Cassie awoke about 8-9 a.m. (her usual time), then she was free in the house 4-5 hours at least. Sometime during that time she got blood on her feet and left bloody footprints in her bathroom BUT NOWHERE ELSE IN THE HOUSE. She could not have stepped in blood after MF arrived, IMO, because I cannot see any adult allowing a child into that room anywhere close to the body, IMO. I heard a story, too, about Cassie putting bandaids on her mother’s boo-boos, but I can’t confirm this. If anyone can,then this would mean Cassie had blood on her hands without leaving any bloody fingerprints anywhere in the house (confirmed). If the bandaid story can’t be confirmed, then I believe it doesn’t belong in any of our theories.

What about the “freaking out” dog? As JTF told you earlier, there are no bloody dog prints anywhere in the house, either. I confirmed this, then I checked with a local vet who said that a dog would be drawn to blood, not repulsed by it like humans. If the dog were loose in the house, he very likely would have left bloody paw prints, IMO. However, I can’t confirm the dog was loose in the house, so again I will exclude itf rom any theory. It would seem that someone had to be in the Raleigh house tending to Cassidy and possibly keeping the dog out of the blood, IMO.

Jason was in Virginia. It would seem that someone had to lift Cassie out of the blood when she somehow got into it, carry her to her bathroom, and clean her up (IMO). Jason was in Virginia. What was Cassie’s location when MF arrived? I don’t know. I have heard something, but can’t confirm it. I should think LE knows. Whoops. I just went back and checked the original search warrant for the house. The officer in the report said the sister of the deceased found Cassie “walking around in the house”. That’s not the way I heard it, but I will accept it for now. Anyone have a theory that would fit the blood evidence?

The following info was posted by jakeojohn from Latter Rain:
BLOOD LE did not clean the blood. We saw plenty of blood....

1. in Cassie's bathroom, I saw multiple tiny footprints in Cassie's bathroom. One thing about the prints in the bathroom that I might have confused you about....the prints I saw were BARE foot prints, I was surprised at how clear the prints were. I could see each individual toe, not like with a sock. In Cassie's bathroom there was a blood spot up higher than Cassie could reach. I don't know exactly what it means, but those of us in the house saw it. We thought it strange, and even stranger was that there was no luminol on it, so apparently the cops didn't think it important enough to test, or just missed it.
2. in the master bedroom on the floor, on the bed, on the wall, on a dresser,
3. in the master bath.
4. Nobody had bothered to clean blood.
5. I've always said there were no prints beyond the bedroom, as in the hallway just outside the bedroom, and in Cassie's bedroom. Carpet In fact, I didn't see the bedroom carpet blood stains.....when I was there, the area of carpet with the blood had been cut and carried away by the police. I saw the carpet pad....that's why I don't recall the color of the carpet.When I was there the carpet in the area of Michelle was gone....the cops had it. After turning the home over to the family, the cops came back and took that section of carpet. So I only saw the prints in the bathroom.

I did see evidence of luminol being used
1.in the bedroom. In each case the blood was still visible, sort of outlined by the blue luminol....it wasn't erased, in this case.

And by the way, something you probably already know.....Cassie's soaked-in-blood socks were still on the floor of her bathroom when I was there, right where somebody had left them. I mean, really bloody all over. Cassie wore socks to bed that night because the upstairs area was cold....something was wrong with the heat pump. It was still cold when I was there.

I don't know that Meredith cleaned Cassie. I know that at some point after the cops arrived, Meredith took Cassie to a neighbor's to use the bathroom. The neighbor said Cassie was clean and dressed at that time.....not thirsty and not hungry, either, according to the neighbor. I don't know when Cassie was cleaned, nor who cleaned her.

Posted by dkjack:
Well, I was surprised about what was left behind by the cops. I saw a bloody pillow on the bed. I saw bloody sheets/bedspread on the bed. I was told a whole tooth was found and given to the cops. I believe also later some bone and tooth fragments were also given to the cops. Evidently the cops did not consider the bloody items left behind as evidence? I'm sure they are smarter than I at crime scenes. JMO of course, and all that jazz. dk


Posted by dkjack: Well, I didn't forget. I've been trying to think of ulterior motives you might have for wanting the information. I haven't been able to think of any way you can twist it, so I'll tell you what I saw. The sheetrock was cut from the closet wall closest to the bed. Standing in the doorway and looking straight ahead, this is to the left of the bed, the area where Michelle's body was found. Beginning about three feet from the floor, the wall was cut in an irregular shape to about seven feet from the floor, about four feet wide beginning at the closet door. Another one foot rectangle was cut out. This was closer to the floor, about six inches up, extending from the closet door. This was the area of the most blood splatter. I have no clue why the police officers would want this sheetrock. dk

Posted posted by dkjack:
Well, the bed is about three feet from the closet. Michelle was in that space. dk

Posted by dkjack:
Well, there was a dresser along that left wall also. But yes, I believe the body would have been visible from the doorway. dk

Posted by dkjack: Get your salt shaker ready. I reckon no one has ever accused me of being NORMAL. Heck, I even have my computer on a counter top so I can stand while blabbing secret details that no one but the cops and the killer knows. Of course, I feel horrible about doing that, but a man does what he has to do. For those who care, and those who believe even some of my blabbing, I'd like to correct some of the confusing information about clean-up.

1. Michelle was killed Nov. 3
2. Police officers left Nov. 16.
3. Jason's sister had control of the house after she had the locks changed. Don't have a date.
4. Clean-up crew started in February, more than 3 months after the murder. Don't have a date.
5. I saw the house in January.
6. Police officers did leave behind bloody items. Obviously they know more than we do about what is important evidence and what is not. dk Family Friend

Posted by dkjack: Well, for what it's worth, coming from me, the tooth was not hidden. Kim found it at the base of the closet wall to the left of the closet door. It was a whole tooth, and later some fragments. I still don't understand how the police could have missed it. There was some wallboard dust around it from the police cutting the wall, but Kim had no trouble seeing it. I'm not accusing the police of incompetence because of the tooth. I think it was just bad luck for them. I also don't know who spoke to the press about police incompetence, if anyone did. I know no one in the Young family has talked to the media about this case, not ever. And I can't see anyone deliberately making the police more angry than they were.