Night Time Noises

Nothing official has been made public about there possibly being someone watching the Young home. Some friends and acquaintances have said Jason and Michelle reported hearing things outside that made them contact police on at least one occassion. The following are insider accounts about these noises.

Posted by a ConcernedCitize: (written by another friend) I spent many, many hours with this family both on outings and at their home. I was last at their home a few weeks ago. As per the norm, I brought my dogs. The Youngs liked their dog to have other dogs to play with. They had a nice fenced back yard so it was a good place for the dogs to play.

All during our meal, my dogs kept barking. I initially thought they were being obnoxious because they were outside and maybe wanted to be in with us. I went out and fussed at them about the barking. Within a little while they were barking again. This was somewhat odd as they typically are very responsive to correction. I chastised them again. Again, a little later - they were barking again. One of my dogs was at the back fence barking like she'd seen or heard something. Jason and Michelle frequently saw deer in their yard so I thought maybe there was a deer out there. I never saw or heard it, but just assumed that's what it was. The dogs continued to have episodes of barking that evening - to the extent that I finally put them back in my car because I was worried they were going to annoy the neighbors.

I never thought of it at the time but now, I do wonder was someone walking in the woods that night or watching the house. The other thing I've thought about is this. On occassion, I took care of the young's dog if they were out of town. On one occassion we were to pick him up for them. They told us to just open the gate into the backyard and then go into the garage from the backyard door and then into the house from the garage. They didn't lock the door from the garage into the house. If there truly is someone of suspicion in the neighborhood, watching the house closely, it would have been easy enough to know how to get in. Jason's job required travel several days a week. It was clear when he was home and when he wasn't just because his car wouldn't be in the driveway.

Posted by just the facts: Telling people AFTER the murder that MY had told him she heard sounds like someone breaking in. Also, simply not true. This was known by true friends before MY died. They had heard noises on 2 different occasions at night and even called the police one night when they heard a commotion in the woods behind their house. This was well documented prior to the murder and the police have acknowledged the call they received from JY and MY complaining about a commotion going [on]. You even have to wonder if it is true, as someone said here, that JY thought the GA friend was going to take Cassidy home with her, thus leaving an empty house and Cassidy safe? The latter three on the list-- almost a perfect storm for a burglary scenario.

Posted by frenchbroad: I don't know if anyone has reported this because I have not been able to see all of the posts and I certainly don't want to open a can of worms. But I heard that JY had told people in the couple of months prior to the murder that MY had been calling him to say that she felt she heard things outside like someone was breaking in. He was travelling and told her he couldn't help that far away and they said it seemed as though he blew it off. He also said to this person that he and MY had been meaning to fix their alarm system. Does anyone know if they really had an alarm system and if it worked?

Posted by gojo: I have heard SECONDHAND, NOT FROM JASON OR MICHELLE more about the outside noises. Your information is first hand, mine is not. There may be lurkers or others on the board who can give you first hand information. But for what it's worth....Jason also had heard the noises outside over a period of time (don't know how long a period). He investigated several times, going to his back fence and listening. Sometimes his dog would bark for a while. He never saw anything. Eventually he and Michelle decided his dog was barking at deer or other animals, and that's what he and Michelle were hearing.

On one road trip, don't know when, Jason did not get a message about "noises" until the next morning after her call. He WAS upset with her for not calling 911. Does this explain why Jason didn't call 911 from his trip, and why Michelle wasn't unduly worried? I don't really care how SOME of those on the board characterize my information, frenchbroad, but would appreciate your comment on this information. I doubt this is new information to LE. They probably got it from interviewing family members, which is where I got it. I don't know if a 911 call was ever made about the noises, but I reckon LE would have checked that.

Posted by frenchbroad: He was saying that he was getting alot of calls from MY "complaining" about noises she was hearing. I was told that he seemed somewhat "agitated" by it and some questioned why he didn't seem more concerned. He said that they had a security system but that it didn't work. Someone mentioned pre-meditated? Not sure but it does provide for an interesting dynamic.

Posted by frenchbroad: ...With regard to the meeting in VA, I did hear confirmation from someone that worked with him (through a third party) that he told a coworker mid-day that Friday that he had "had a good meeting" that morning. He also told people that MY had been calling him alot complaining about hearing noises like someone was breaking in the house.